"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


woe and pain

You're gonna think I'm crazy. But I'm pretty sure that this is a good thing.

(And not because my daddy will be gloating about it for the next month. We'll see you at the conference tournament, thank-you very much.)

No, it's because of something much lamer. See, I'm a Texas fan. I want Texas to win. But I am also a realist. And I am darn good at the whole bracket thing. And I plan to put Texas in my Final Four this year, not because I love Texas and want them to win, but because I think they should be in the Final Four. But I wasn't going to do that if Texas was a one-seed, because I have rules about the one-seeds who go into my Final Four, and Texas wasn't going to make the cut.

Also, it makes me nervous when a team has too many consecutive wins going into the tournament. Better to lose late in the regular season, or even in the conference tourney, and then make a run for it.

So even though I wish the loss had been to somebody (ANYBODY) else, I think this is a good thing. Yeah. For now.


Post a Comment

<< Home