"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

3.27.2008

vacation complaint #1

I forgot to mention the one thing I did NOT like about Montenegro: the bus station toilets. Here's the thing. If I have to PAY to use a bathroom, it should be a real bathroom, not a squatty potty. If there's anything worse than a pay squatty potty, I don't know what it is.

We'll now stop complaining, because Montenegro really is lovely. And the woman who directed me to said squatty potty turned out to be a reporter for the national television station who speaks fluent English and who helped me to figure out why the Montenegran SIM card (t-mobile, seriously!) for my cell phone wasn't working and then told me to call the next time I'm in-country so she and her friends could show me the country's wonders.

What a great place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home