"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)



Unbelievable. It appears that over 1,000,000 Democrats voted early in Texas. And a huge number of them turned out in counties where we didn't think there were any Democrats. Voters in Fort Bend County voted on the Democratic side at a 2.5:1 ratio over the Republicans. Fort Bend County. That's Tom DeLay's old district! I thought there was only one Democrat there. (Way to go, Susan!)

(When I asked Michael Barone about this at lunch today, he said that maybe it's because African-Americans are moving to that side of the Houston suburbs. And, yes, I'm going to throw references to lunch with Michael Barone into every politics post for the next three weeks.)

Whatever happens, it's going to be close tomorrow. And, no, I haven't decided yet. Leave me alone.


Blogger UPennBen said...

You can always write me in on the ballot. Or Michael Bloomberg. It never hurts to have a Jew. Except in most of the country.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 12:21:00 AM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Got it. I'm putting you down for Constable, Place 3.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 9:31:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home