"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

3.03.2008

name recognition

In preparation for tomorrow's vote, I'm finally getting around to researching the candidates whose names will be down the ballot from the presidential race. As always, I am more-or-less completely dependent on the ever-trusty League of Women Voters of Austin Voters Guide (This year sponsored by the Attorney's law firm. Glad to see my legal fees are going to support something good. :)

This year's guide is good as always. I've learned even more about my new favorite Republican Senate candidate, Larry Kilgore.

But here's what I'm wondering: how can any red-blooded Texan vote against this guy? I met his opponent at the Obama rally. (He seemed nice enough, but someone needs to explain that touting your experience on the Harvard football team isn't exactly the best way to get elected in these here parts. Unless it was Harvard, Texas.)

3 Comments:

Blogger UPennBen said...

I might've voted for him until I learned he played for Harvard.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 12:22:00 AM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Weave said...

Don't you think that we should stick by our fellow blogspot bloggers?!?!

I must admit though - the dude should have at least sprung for a domain name...

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 12:48:00 AM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

I feel 0% loyalty to blogspot! :)

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:21:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home