"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


music monday

Today's Music Monday theme is cover songs. I'm choosing Eva Cassidy's cover of Sting's "Fields of Gold." Cassidy died of cancer before her amazing voice got famous; almost all of her songs are covers of something or another.You may remember seeing Michelle Kwan skate to this one after she lost in the 2002 Olympics:

You should totally stop by Kat's site and check out her Amy Grant/someone random "Lead Me On" selection. I can't do hyperlinks from here, but here's the website: http://www.thesecretlifeofkat.com/site/comments/music-monday-cover-songs-are-fun/


Blogger euphrony said...

I really liked her cover of "Fields of Gold." Great choice.'

Hope you're enjoying the vacation.

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:41:00 AM

Anonymous Seaton said...

Absolutely stunning. I left a comment over at Kat's with a link to her live cover of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

By the way, part of my heart is still in Kenya, has been ever since I got back 8 years ago.

Monday, March 10, 2008 4:03:00 PM

Blogger Amy said...

good call....very beautiful.

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:06:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Thanks, y'all. Seaton, I was going to go with Songbird, but changed my mind. Love all of Cassidy's stuff. Wonder if we were in Kenya at the same time...

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:23:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home