"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


in review

Things I learned this weekend:
  1. I do NOT like having to be at work at 8am on both Saturday and Sunday.
  2. Running a conference registration table is one of the most boring jobs in the world.
  3. You can deal with a huge number of the 2,571 emails in your inbox when working the registration table at a conference.
  4. It's really easy to park on the Drag at 7:30 on Saturday morning.
  5. The Advisor does not hold the vino very well.
  6. When under the effects of the above-described low tolerance, The Advisor dances.
  7. I have enough shame that I will not take pictures of the event described in #6.
  8. I do not have enough shame that I will not get someone else to take pictures of the event described in #6.
  9. Bitter kola nut is disgusting. It dries out your mouth with the first tiny bite.
  10. Three-year-olds are mostly interested in the first present they open.
  11. They also appear to believe that the presents come from a magical birthday fairy, as they exclaim, "look!" after opening every present. :)
  12. Ann built a groovy patio.
  13. If I keep making factual, non-disputable statements about Tutsis in conference papers, Tutsis are going to yell at me at panels.
  14. This is obviously a freak year for the NCAA and nobody's bracket should count for anything.
  15. IKEA does not sell wall-mounted pot racks.
  16. If you want to hear a doozie of a guest speaker, come to my class next Wednesday. I can't discuss this here; if you're interested, email me. You have to be able to pass as a student. (Then again, I have a student who has children my age.)
  17. I need more sleep than this.


Blogger Roger said...

as for #14....tell that to the Children's Minister who's bracket was astounding and who has all four of the finalists and got entire regions correct...:)!!

Sunday, March 30, 2008 10:52:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home