Things I learned this weekend:
- I do NOT like having to be at work at 8am on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Running a conference registration table is one of the most boring jobs in the world.
- You can deal with a huge number of the 2,571 emails in your inbox when working the registration table at a conference.
- It's really easy to park on the Drag at 7:30 on Saturday morning.
- The Advisor does not hold the vino very well.
- When under the effects of the above-described low tolerance, The Advisor dances.
- I have enough shame that I will not take pictures of the event described in #6.
- I do not have enough shame that I will not get someone else to take pictures of the event described in #6.
- Bitter kola nut is disgusting. It dries out your mouth with the first tiny bite.
- Three-year-olds are mostly interested in the first present they open.
- They also appear to believe that the presents come from a magical birthday fairy, as they exclaim, "look!" after opening every present. :)
- Ann built a groovy patio.
- If I keep making factual, non-disputable statements about Tutsis in conference papers, Tutsis are going to yell at me at panels.
- This is obviously a freak year for the NCAA and nobody's bracket should count for anything.
- IKEA does not sell wall-mounted pot racks.
- If you want to hear a doozie of a guest speaker, come to my class next Wednesday. I can't discuss this here; if you're interested, email me. You have to be able to pass as a student. (Then again, I have a student who has children my age.)
- I need more sleep than this.