"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

3.23.2008

bizzy as a bee

Well, that was a crazy week. Last weekend, I was dining on sushi and Tex-Mex in Pristina with a bunch of diplomats. Sunday morning, I woke up in a tiny little pod in London then watched the NCAA selection show in the Raleigh-Durham airport. Monday, I woke up in Austin, showed a film about Texas politics (It's great and they love it. No, really.) to both of my classes.

And then I was interviewed for a story for Rolling Stone. (I know. How bizarre is that? Hands down in the top ten of completely unexpected life experiences. Maybe top five. I can't really talk about it, but watch for a story on the DRC in a month or two.)

After that, it was more work, ten loads of laundry to wash the eau de Balkans out of my clothes (apparently, chain smoking is the national sport), and then off to freezing cold but still sunny (mostly) Franklin for daddy's retirement party, an impromptou 5am trip to the ER (everything's fine), and, of course, Easter Weekend. The sister and I went to coffee with Matt Darling on Saturday afternoon and Ben Folds sat down at the table next to us.

It was that kind of week.

I have ten days at home now and am glad for it. 'Cause who knows what will happen next?

2 Comments:

Blogger The Secret Life of Kat said...

Wow...that is quite a week.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

wow! suddenly my life seems very...quiet. (that is so cool about Rolling Stone, though!)

Monday, March 24, 2008 12:46:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home