"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

2.07.2008

oh. my. word.

Well, Romney went out just like he campaigned: as a tool.

Seriously. I try to be nice to everybody. But saying that continuing his campaign would only help lead America towards surrendering to terrorists (the apparent consequence, in Romney's mind, of electing Clinton or Obama) is just over the line. Way, way over the line. Even when you're speaking to a group as crazy as CPAC.

Thank-you, Lord, for saving us from four years of this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Roger said...

What frightening ideas and language. Oh, thank you Mitt, for saving the United States of America...That guy will be back...

Thursday, February 07, 2008 6:09:00 PM

 
Blogger David McCullars said...

Speaking as an Obama supporter, I'm sad to see this guy go. McCain has by far the strongest chance to give the Dems a run for their money this year (especially if he chooses his VP wisely), and now that the mittster is gone, McCain no longer has to play the "I'm really a conservative, I promise!" game anymore. But the thought of a Mitt administration is almost as frightening as four more years of W.

Thursday, February 07, 2008 7:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Michael Westmoreland-White, Ph.D. said...

I agree with David. I think McCain can be beaten (he promises fewer jobs and more wars!), but I don't like to see him clinch the nomination NOW while Obama and Clinton are still battling out the delegate count. So, I am hoping Huckabee stays in at least long enough for Dems to have a frontrunner! Go, Obama!

Saturday, February 09, 2008 11:36:00 PM

 
Blogger David McCullars said...

Not to mention I can't get enough of Huckabee's appearances on the Colbert Report. That bit with them playing air hockey with the state of Texas was priceless.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 12:00:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home