"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


it's high noon, and ou still sucks!

Well, if this is the case, then I guess it's decided.

Seriously. I am somewhat surprised (and amused) by the strong reactions to my I'm-not-yet-convinced-by-Obama confession. And I will have some thoughts on that, plus coverage of last night's Austin rally, later. But for the moment, I have other priorities.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will await your thoughts. The choice between Senator Clinton and Senator Obama seems pretty clear to me, but I can see (once I scrub off some of my momo-obamamania)that you are being cautious about Obama, not so much commenting on Obama's preference to Hillary. And here you make a good point. I can see that it makes sense to worry about a young Senator that does not have much experience with foreign affairs and national security. Is he too damn idealistic? That could be a potential problem.

But I tend to be with Michael W-W here. Let's hope his intelligence, open-mindedness, and willingness to listen to a wide range of advisers will lead him to practice the good judgement he has already partially shown in these matters.

As for being surprised at the frantic Obama-pile-on, well, I guess we (or I should just speak for myself) are just caught up in the moment, swept away with the amazing possibility that we could actually get somebody like Obama in the White House. After Bush, it seems like a miraculous dream hidden far away on the extreme side of a distant planet.



Saturday, February 23, 2008 1:35:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home