"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

2.09.2008

fill in the blank

For the first time since approximately 1990, Texas in Africa...

...has bangs.

Seriously. I don't know what to think. It's been eighteen years, and the bangs I had as a twelve-year-old look nothing like the ones Fabulous Grady gave me on Thursday. I look like such the indie kid, which I am not. Last night after the benefit, we old people went to Mars, where you could hardly take a step without tripping over a Dallasite. But the bangs totally fit in. I feel like I should be standing on the patio at Mohawk or Beauty Bar, listening to a Norwego-Japanese post-punk jazz fusion act and silently judging everyone I see.

Bangs...

6 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Hah - I got bangs recently too! I actually like them - much better than my last real attempt at them in '95 (right after the AP US History exam, FYI).

Saturday, February 09, 2008 11:56:00 AM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Hahaha! Was your 1995 attempt self-cut?

Saturday, February 09, 2008 3:22:00 PM

 
Anonymous Sister said...

Um, where's the photo?

Saturday, February 09, 2008 7:44:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Um, no.

Saturday, February 09, 2008 8:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

Hey! I totally went to Castner Knott for my awesome bang 'do!

I'd never cut my own...not that brave.

Saturday, February 09, 2008 10:33:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Oh, wow, Castner's. :)

Sunday, February 10, 2008 10:07:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home