"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

2.26.2008

crazy eights

Amy tagged me:

8 Things I'm Passionate About:
1) Biblical justice
2) the country of Africa
3) teaching
4) whitewater rafting
5) travel
6) writing
7) finishing my dissertation
8) adventures

8 Things I Want to do Before I Die:
Um, so I have a list that cannot possibly be limited to eight.

8 Things I Say Often:
1) Okay?
2) Right?
3) Be sure your name is on your paper.
4) Africa is not a country.
5) I read it on the intertubes.
6) The syllabus clearly states that there are no makeup exams.
7) She has very high standards.
8) The miracle is in the message.

8 Books I've Read Recently (Honestly, I don't know; some of these I'm in the middle of):
1) No Refuge: the Crisis of Refugee Militarization in Africa
2) Justice in the Burbs
3) The Congo Wars, Thomas Turner
4) The Fall of Yugoslavia
5) Mixed Blessings, Barbara Brown Taylor
6) Officers and Gentlemen, Evelyn Waugh
7) Lines in the Sand, Steve Bickerstaff
8) Secrets in the Dark, Frederick Buechner

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over:
1) Walt Wilkins, "A Little Farther West"
2) Shaver, "Live Forever"
3) Guy Clark, "L.A. Freeway"
4) Wilco, "Via Chicago"
5) Ryan Adams, "La Cienega Just Smiled"
6) Townes van Zandt, "At My Window"
7) 2Face Idibia, "African Queen" (oh, yeah!)
8) Kelly Willis, "Not Forgotten You"

8 Things that Attract me to my best friends:
1) sense of humor
2) honesty
3) similar ideas of what constitutes "fun"
4) not being exactly alike
5) similar faith
6) just,
7) you know,
8) stuff

8 People I Think Should Do Crazy 8's:
I am stopping this vicious cycle right here. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger David McCullars said...

"I am stopping this vicious cycle right here."

Bless you ... bless you.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:08:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home