"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


be a wise voter

Election Day is less than a week away, and although I'm sure many Texas in Africa readers have already cast their ballots in early voting, those of you (like me) who prefer to go to the polls on Election Day are still making decisions. Remember, this isn't just about the presidential primaries; there are tons of other offices on the ballot. If you're in liberal Travis county, the Democratic primary functions like the general election for many offices, including District Attorney and several judgeships. (Don't get me started on the fact that we pick our judges via popularity contest.)

Anyway, if you, like me, don't have time to do the research on this, the League of Women Voters is always there to help with their non-partisan voter guides. They ask all the candidates exactly the same questions, then give them 75 words to respond. (If the response is longer than 75 words, they get cut off mid-sentence. It's awesome.) You can link to both the Texas state guide and your local guide here.


Blogger UPennBen said...

Awesome, because of you I don't have to do all the legwork that is so tiring and results in my choosing candidates by last name that I like best.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 5:12:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home