"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


weeping for america

You know, you can pick a president based on things like experience, background, positions, or whether his/her values match yours. Or you could pick him or her like this.

Which one do you think most Americans vote on?


Blogger euphrony said...

I heard a lady in Iowa comment a couple of weeks ago that she was for Clinton. She said she figured that having slept with the President she had to have learned something and could do the job. Uh, I don't buy the osmotic theory. I sure wouldn't go to a neurosurgeon's spouse for surgery. No way. Theory doesn't hold.

Friday, January 04, 2008 8:57:00 PM

Blogger Emily said...

I prefer to pick my president by his favorite fast-food joint myself...

Saturday, January 05, 2008 12:30:00 AM

Blogger David McCullars said...

Does Huckabee even drink beer? (And no, I'm not for him, nor would I drink a beer with him, but I did meet him when I graduated high school -- have the picture and all.)

Saturday, January 05, 2008 2:49:00 AM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

No! That's hilarious. 7% of Americans who are voting in the self-selecting poll want to have a beer with a teetotaler!

Euphrony, words fail me.

Emily, I'm with you. I think I'm going to pick based on who has the best vacation site in August.

Saturday, January 05, 2008 11:15:00 AM

Anonymous Michael Westmoreland-White said...

Or we could pick based on who has the shortest vacations?

Who DIDN'T want to be president when s/he was in Kindergarten?

Which candidate speaks more than one language? (Now that Dodd has dropped out, does that leave only Bill Richardson? Wasn't the last time we had a president who could give a speech in a foreign country in that country's language--Jimmy Carter? And then, we wonderful Americans were furious that he "betrayed America" by speaking in Spanish while in Panama. Sigh.)

I think any candidate who doesn't believe in science should automatically be disqualified. Any candidate who doesn't read widely and stay informed should be disqualified.

Also, it ought to be strictly forbidden to invade any nation that 75% of Americans cannot find on a map within 2 minutes!

Sunday, January 06, 2008 7:57:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home