"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

1.17.2008

a sinking feeling

So there's this Congolese doctor who periodically emails me love letters (from the last one: "I await your response knowing that the most beautiful girl cannot give me that which she has.").

Not wanting to encourage him, I generally just ignore them. But today I've reached a point in my research where I'm writing about his hospital. And I have a question that we didn't cover in our interview. Which means that I need to email him.

There has to be another way to figure this out.

4 Comments:

Blogger William Deed said...

Where's the hospital, and how soon do you need your answer?

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:53:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Bukavu, within the next month or so. You're not going back, are you?

Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:09:00 PM

 
Blogger William Deed said...

I think I might. Not to work just for a, you know, holiday.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:14:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Oh, okay. Have you been to Buk? It's lovely there, and you can actually go to Kahuzi-Biega unlike certain other Congolese national parks these days.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:21:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home