"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


pointless self-disclosure

LJ at CityGrits tagged me. Here goes:

1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.

Seven Facts About Me
1. Places. The most spectacular place I've been is Livingstone Island in the middle of Victoria Falls. The most picturesque is the view from a sea kayak along the Amalfi Coast. The most beautiful is Gimmelwald. The most sophisticated is the Place Vendome. The most bizarre is Dubai. The most surreal is the electronics district in Tokyo. But my favorite place in the world is up the mountain from Black Mountain.
2. Freakish fact. I get squeamish around honeycomb patterns. Actual honeycombs, screen doors, ace bandages, chain link fences if I think about them too much, whatever. It freaks me out. Sends chills up my spine and makes my stomach turn. I don't know why.
3. Music. There are currently 8,144 songs on my iPod. This does not constitute my entire music collection.
4. Travel. I have lived 14 months of life in various places in sub-Saharan Africa.
5. More music. I love South African township hip-hop.
6. I should start a library. The last time I packed up everything and put into storage to go live in the Congo, there were 55 filing boxes of books, notebooks, and files. 75% of the books have nothing to do with my profession.
7. Professional. Next year I will be the last member of my PhD cohort (entering class) still in Austin. None of us has earned a PhD as of yet. I can't decide which of these two facts is less depressing. :)

Now, I tag some of the people behind the new links that will soon be appearing here - Chris, Amy, Gary, Euphrony, and anybody else who wants to do something this silly.


Anonymous Lindsey said...

I'm INSANELY jealous of your music collection. I think I'll do this, because I'm looking for reasons to avoid my homework! :)

What are you getting your PhD in?

Monday, January 14, 2008 9:50:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Political science. It's good times.

My music collection is out of control. It's time to admit that I have a problem.

Monday, January 14, 2008 10:47:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home