"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


happy day

I am done. My dissertation chapter is in, discussed, and awaiting revisions after the Wedding of the Century. Finals are graded, grades are recorded, and I'm just waiting on two slackers before I hit "submit" for the final grades.

Now it's just a matter of how long it takes before the whining commences. So far, it's been 33 minutes and not a peep from the little snowflakes.

I hope they're all okay.


Blogger Michael Westmoreland-White said...

Happy day, indeed. How many chapters to go?

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 6:00:00 AM

Blogger allhokie said...

My husband is also a PhD student. He sent off a chapter on Monday, which was a very happy day! He gives an exam today and still has a few papers to grade and students to meet. His students have already put in some quality whining this semester. I'm sure his inbox will be full of whiny emails within minutes of the posting of final grades next week.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 8:00:00 AM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Michael, I don't want to talk about it. :)

Allhokie, good luck to your husband! There's nothing quite like the day you hand back grades, that's for sure.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 6:15:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home