funny things my students wrote
In my courses, I am beta-testing some materials for an office that works on integrating technology into the classroom experience. As part of that testing, my students take a survey on their experiences with these materials and on what they've learned. These are responses to the question, "What is the most memorable thing up to now you have learned about Texas politics?" (They are not edited for correct content, grammar, or usage.):
- "That the constitution is pretty much useless and that one of its sole purposes is to make it difficult for the executive branch to have power."
- "If no one voted, then someone would still be elected and that is kinda disturbing."
- "Some really strange things go on in Texas."
- "sodomy is illegal in Texas."
- "not much of anything interests me."