"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

11.05.2007

voting time!

If you are a Texan, you probably (hopefully) know that tomorrow we vote on 16 proposed amendments to the state constitution. I know you're all eagerly looking forward to wearing your little "I voted" stickers tomorrow like I am. The Christian Life Commission of the BGCT has published a handy non-partisan voter guide that explains all the propositions and what supporters and opponents think about each one. Check it out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Michael Westmoreland-White said...

Tomorrow is also election day in KY. We are throwing out the GOP governor for a Democrat (I can say that with some confidence since Steve Beshear has a 23% lead over Gov. Ernie Fletcher!) and also electing the Lt. Gov., Attorney Gen., and some judges.
Those of us in Louisville are also voting on whether or not to authorize a tiny special tax to fund an expanded free public library system. I hope that passes--it was up for referendum when I first moved to KY and failed. It has taken us more than 20 years to get the library tax back on a referendum!

Monday, November 05, 2007 3:39:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home