"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

11.28.2007

"the m25 is not the edge of the earth"

The voice of "Mind the Gap" on the London Underground has been fired for some spoof announcements she recorded and put on her website. I don't know about you, but I think the spoofs are for the most part hilarious (except the first one). Since these were a spoof that would never have been actually played, it really doesn't make sense that they would fire her, but it sure would make my annual day-in-London-on-the-way-to-the-Congo a lot more entertaining.

Even worse is the statement from the Underground on her firing to the Evening Standard: "'London Underground is sorry to have to announce that further contracts for Miss Clarke are experiencing severe delays.'"

3 Comments:

Blogger Arnie Adkison said...

Those are some of the funniest things yet!

PS, I'm still waiting for my photo proof on Bono from Brant Hansen's blog...

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 1:40:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

I know, I know. Sorry about the delay on that. I don't have it electronic yet, and I haven't had time to take the picture out of the frame. Would someone else please confirm that this exists for Arnie?

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Arnie Adkison said...

Just take a picture of you holding the picture in the frame and that's good enough for me...

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home