i'll raise you one music honor society
If you haven't been following the nerd-off in the comments section of this post, well, it's time to catch up. Here's a brief review of what's happened so far, round by round:
- Texas in Africa: 1992 state champion in anatomy in junior high Science Olympiad, president of the French Club, member of the math honor society, lettered (4 years) in band.
- Euphrony: lettered four years in band, fourth in overall science in the state UIL, Number Sense and Calculator competitions, choir, Spanish club, NHS. "The summer before my senior year, I decided to spend taking a couple of college classes in anatomy and botany."
- Texas in Africa: summer before senior year I went to a monthlong, state-sponsored program for gifted students and studied Arabic.
- Kirstin: "I also competed in calculators and loved it. In fact, i picked out my purses based on whether my calculator would fit well into them. And I attended Math Camp when I was 16. I was also in band and played French Horn (the nerdiest of all instruments)."
- The Librarian: 3 YEARS OF PIANO CAMP!
- Texas in Africa: 7 years of a summer enrichment program called Young Scholars, first runner-up in a scholarship essay contest about the importance of freedom.