"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


you make my heart go ding-a-ling-a-ling

How excited am I that there's a video of my favorite so-bad-it's-awesome African pop song?

The answer is: super-excited. But not as excited as I am to learn that someone with a sense of humor made this:


Anonymous the librarian said...

I am also super-excited. I had forgotten that he rhymed ding a ling a ling with thing. Nice.

I couldn't make it through the entire chipmunk version, but knowing it's out there makes me happy.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 7:40:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

To be honest, neither could I. It was painful. Apparently, making songs sound like the Chipmunks is a thing. Youtubers take requests. We'll have to think about that.

I think that "You make me float like a boat upon the Nile" is my favorite line. It's so hard to decide.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 9:08:00 PM

Blogger euphrony said...

For the Chipmunks:

Classic Rock - Smoke on the Water

CCM - Agnus Dei

Bluegrass - Wasbash Cannonball

Grunge - Smells Like Teen Spirit

80's - Just Like Heaven (The Cure)

90's - Linger

2000's - Livin' La Vida Loca

Punk - I Wanna Be Sedated (Oh, wait, it would sound the same. Nevermind.)

Just a few off the top of my head. What do you think?

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:01:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Oh, wow.


"Agnus Dei" is just wrong.

Although we have a band here that plays a country cover of "I Wanna Be Sedated" that cannot be topped.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 9:16:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home