"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

10.08.2007

"music" monday

Last night I saw an ad for this awesomely bad cd on t.v. My confusion (Bryan White still has a music career?) was quickly replaced by shocked awe at The Oak Ridge Boys singing "Come Now is the Time to Worship. That was only eclipsed by the version of "Awesome God" by Charlie Daniels.

The fact that this was airing during "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team" (don't judge: it's the most hilarious reality show ever - those Dallas women remind me of why I'm grateful to live in Austin) made it all that much funnier.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Michael Westmoreland-White said...

You have a twisted sense of humor, you know.

I could point out that the Oak Ridge Boys got their start in gospel music, winning several Dove Awards, before they figured that Country paid better. But the Charlie Daniels thing was too much.

Monday, October 08, 2007 10:35:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home