"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


the gift

"The grace of God means something like: Here is your life. You might never have been, but you are because the party wouldn't have been complete without you. Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." - Frederick Buechner


Blogger Tauratinzwe said...

I bet you're reading the same daily devotional book I am this year. Doesn't Beuchner say the most profound things in the neatest ways? You can quote him all day.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 12:34:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

That's wild! I am actually not reading that book this year (I'm teaching 12th grade Sunday School based around one of his sermons this month), but it's one of my favorites, as are all of Buechner's sermons - glad you like him, too.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:29:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home