"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

9.11.2007

empty

Six years.

MSNBC is airing NBC's original 9/11 coverage in real time. It's still surreal.

I spent the morning on the phone with Symantec/Norton Internet Security Customer Support. Don't ever buy their products.

My lecture for today isn't ready, and I'll miss chapel at the Christian university at which I teach.

I really needed to go to chapel today.

The mundanity of life has taken over, and all I can do is watch television, try to think of something to say to my students, and try to remember and try to forget.

Everything I have to say about 9/11 I wrote last year. My heart was full of memories, and I needed to tell that story.

Today, I just don't have anything to say.

1 Comments:

Blogger euphrony said...

I know what you mean. Some things, you just can't forget even a second of. Thankfully, there are good times, along with the bad, stamped in my memory.

I was in Norway this past June. One of the few things on TV in English was the movie United 93. I watched some of it, but it was hard. I cannot imagine watching MSNBC cover it all day as they did six years ago.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 11:49:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home