"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)



We almost missed National Punctuation Day. Aack!

There's little that annoys us more than improper grammar, usage, and style. Since we are in the business of reading the ramblings of undergraduates, we see more than our fair share of horrific comma errors and the like. So take a moment, buck up on your grammar, and buy a t-shirt. Celebrate!


Blogger Tauratinzwe said...

How is it that "educated" folks go around saying "absolutely" instead of "yes," "this point in time" instead of "now," "you should see myself" instead of "you should see me," "to Joe and I" instead of "to Joe and me."

The list could go on. These are just a few of the ones that bug me the most.

Do I hate bad language? Absolutely. Send an e-mail to myself if you are bothered, too, at this point in time. Bah! Humbug!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 6:32:00 AM

Anonymous the librarian said...

My pet peeve - ya'll
What do we think the apostrophe stands for?

The Attorney's - "utilize" in place of "use"
Not sure why, but it drives him bonkers!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 6:35:00 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Librarian, I'll try to utilize that in some sermons...after all, I'm from that state next door to Ar-Kansas.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 4:09:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home