"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)



I finished Harry Potter late Sunday night before leaving Nairobi. So now we're free to discuss it here on Texas in Africa. :)

Overall, I was pleased. The ending was cheesy, but at least we know what happened to everyone, and how it all fit together (Unlike certain Daniel Handler books I could name.). Thoughts?


Blogger David McCullars said...

I agree -- overall I was pleased, and as long as I keep reminding myself that it's a children's story, I don't really have any complaints. (But is it really a children's story anymore?)

For an adult audience I thought it was very stretched in most places. It would seem to me that Rowling didn't really give herself enough time to wrap up things and backed herself into a rather tight corner in most places, resulting in very cheesy acrobatics to get herself out of it.

But the bottom line is whether I enjoyed it, and I thoroughly did, even the ending (which is definitely somewhere in the Velveeta end of the spectrum). And that's all that really matters.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 9:54:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home