Some blogs I've been enjoying:
- Baptist Like Me is fantastic. Check out this post on moderate Baptists, an orthodox view of scripture, and what a more seriously Biblical political engagement might look like.
- HIV/AIDS: My Journey posted a comment on my blog yesterday. Check out her haunting site, where she shares her journey of learning to live with HIV/AIDS in Nairobi. All the awareness-raising in the world is nothing compared to learning someone's actual story. Will you walk with her?
- Letters from Kamp Krusty is just incredibly entertaining.
- The Belgians are going to save us! 'Cause it worked out great the last time they were involved!
- They're going to have a tough time when things like this are happening in Nyamilima. Which is where I was supposed to be two weeks ago.
- There are pirates on Lake Kivu! Yes! This is exactly what I need to make the list of "crap with which I put up in the name of political science" complete! (Seriously. This is a great example of the problems you have in a country that is swimming in arms.)
- There have been several tremors in Nairobi this week, causing a bit of panic. Apparently there was a quake in Tanzania. We didn't feel a thing here.
- Oh, and Ethics Daily picked up my post entitled "A Prayer for Henri." Thanks!