"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

7.04.2007

same difference

4I had an interview/social lunch yesterday with a friend here who works for an international advocacy organization. He knows the eastern DRC very well, so I learned a lot. But the best part of lunch was when we got to talking about Kristof's Congo columns. Quote (more or less) from my friend: "I got so angry that I had to stop reading because otherwise I was going to throw my laptop out the window."



I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who knows that the New York Times got it wrong.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

happy 4th of july to my american friend in the congo!!

Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:01:00 AM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Thanks! Hope yours was happy, too!

Thursday, July 05, 2007 1:46:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home