"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)



These have to be short, so here's my life, in brief:
  • Nice house, but with a dog who barks at 3:30am, I don't get to sleep.
  • Good interviews. Subject mentioned Gramsci this morning and I had to laugh.
  • Very frustrated with current internet situation, but getting a lot done.
  • Miss y'all!


Blogger Ben said...

Is Gramsci a funny joke in poli sci circles? I avoid theory.

It's good to be back in Austin; I can't imagine what your research is like. I've also been too lazy to post the last week of my trip.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:29:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

It's a joke from Yale. A long story that I can explain sometime - suffice it to say that I made it to Gramsci's grave in Rome quite intentionally.

So jealous that you're back in Austin, but I can't imagine driving across America for six weeks. Hope the rest of your summer goes well!

Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:59:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home