"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


oh, yeah

So I'm going to be on both the national Congolese television station and the Catholic television station. Which makes the second time I will be appearing on a national broadcast in a central African country (the other time was in Cameroon. It's a Long Story.).

The other day, I was interviewing the chief medical officer of a big hospital just outside of town when a television reporter burst in and asked the doctor if he could film him talking about the hospital and its mission. I said I could leave, but the reporter insisted that we (by this point, there was an entourage of other hospital and health zone administrators) stay. We were all introduced on camera and filmed while looking interested in what the doctor was saying.

So there it is, my Congolese television debut. I'm guessing it will air today, because today is some international day having to do with doctors or medicine or something. Unfortunately, the peacekeeper's television isn't hooked up, so I'l miss it. Maybe next time. :)


Post a Comment

<< Home