"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)



I'm sick.

It's been coming on for a couple of days, but I'm only just now admitting it.

I am not good at being sick.

It's probably just a sinus infection or a cold. My housekeeper was sick last week. She went to the doctor, stayed home for three days, and came back much better on Monday. I started a course of Cipro last night, which will hopefully knock it out.

So I'm sorry, but there won't be any deep thoughts or funny anecdotes on community, or HIV, or the coming war today. I'm just not up to it.

Which is too bad, because I just had a bi-zarre interview with the director of the local Ba'hai school. And a touching visit from a friend and his family last night.

I'm going to bust out a packet of chicken soup, try to figure out what the German directions mean, drink some diet 7-up, and take a nap. Here's hoping your day will be better. :)


Blogger Angela said...

AWWW! I'm sorry you're feeling bad. I'm amused that the directions for your soup are in German. I'm sure you won't have any trouble working it out :).

Feel better soon!!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:00:00 AM

Anonymous Sister said...

Remember the saltine crackers and jello in addition to the 7-Up, OK? ;) Get better soon. Love you! (ps-When I read your reconciliation piece, I was wondering how long it would take Ethics Daily to pick it up. A little slow on the uptake, but I'll forgive them!)

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:21:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Saltines? And where, pray tell, would I find those?


Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:56:00 AM

Anonymous Sister said...

You don't have cream crackers? It's the closest equivalent in Ghana. No salt, but the same bland-ness that Momma would approve of for a sick little girl. Love!

Friday, July 27, 2007 6:17:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home