"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


as you can see, nothing but fun

Brief notes from the last 24 hours:
  • I did 8 interviews today. I am exhausted.
  • Yesterday on the way home, my moto-taxi driver didn't pull over when the cop told him to. The cops have no weapons or cars, so they can't do much about it, but this cop managed to make it over to take a swing at the driver. He ended up hitting me, hard. No bruise, but I'm adding "police brutality" to the list of things I've had to endure for this dissertation.
  • I just got back from a hospital at which 50-60% of the patients are rape victims. This is because it's the reference hospital for the province for victims of sexual violence. That the province needs this is the real issue.
  • Yesterday someone asked me to explain the electoral college.
  • The same person asked me what I think of Gramsci's theory of hegemony.


Post a Comment

<< Home