"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

6.18.2007

music monday

I downloaded Jimmy LaFave's latest album, Cimarron Manifesto, right before leaving Austin. I'd heard and enjoyed a couple of singles on the radio and am happy to report that the album does not disappoint. The second track is especially beautiful. It's a cover of Donovan's cheesy mid-60's hit, "Catch the Wind" that drops the schlock of the original to create something haunting and sad:

"When rain has hung the leaves with tears,
I want you near, to kill my fears
To help me to leave all my blues behind.

For standin' in your heart,
Is where I want to be, and I long to be,
Ah, but I may as well, try and catch the wind."
Give the album a listen and see if you agree.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

What a stunning piece, and what beautiful words. His voice is haunting and lovely. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 2:17:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home