"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

7.02.2007

the librarian will be so pleased...

So last week I was riding a moto at top speed through the Birere neighborhood and spotted something that caused me to tell the driver to stop there. A round of negotiations and $10 later and I was in possession of the Best Gift Ever for the attorney. (put it this way: it makes "baada ya kazi" look like something appropriate for the Hyde Park Baptist Schools dress code). This is the Mama who's making your gift, Attorney. And there's probably going to be a matching piece for the Librarian. Heh-heh.

3 Comments:

Anonymous the librarian said...

Thank you?

I'm intrigued. And a little afraid.

Monday, July 02, 2007 10:45:00 AM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

I don't think "thank-you" is the exact sentiment you'll be thinking of, but you're welcome! :)

Monday, July 02, 2007 1:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Angela said...

tee hee hee ... I don't know what's coming, but I'm looking forward to seeing it!!! Please oh please take pictures of the reaction :).

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 6:53:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home