"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

6.27.2007

General Assembly time

I am not at CBF this week. Obviously. Which is really sad, because this year's meeting in Washington, DC is going to be fantastic. And I've really been missing my DC friends this year since I couldn't visit due to my teaching schedule this year.

Anyway, if you're trying to decide what to do this week, I recommend following Big Daddy Weave's schedule in part or in whole. He's identified most of the great seminars and sessions. Two things in particular stand out:
  • Gregory Stanton's Friday morning panel on A Christian Response to Genocide. Someone please go to this for me and take notes.
  • The 8am Baptist Joint Committee-sponsored Baptist Unity Rally at the capitol on Friday. This will certainly be one of the highlights of this year's General Assembly. BDW has highlights of the historical context from Don Byrd here. Drag yourself out of bed and get over there - you don't want to miss this.

As for me, tomorrow I'm going to see a Catholic abbe about some books, and Friday I'll hopefully be interviewing the Baptists who split from the main branch of Baptists here. Some things are, apparently, universal.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home