"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


"just sing what you feel / don't let anyone say it's wrong"

At SXSW, the Attorney and I were waiting for the Pipettes show to begin when a kid from Nonesuch walked by handing out stickers for Wilco's new album, Sky Blue Sky, which is out today. I told him how much I'd been enjoying the bootleg of the album, and he just looked at me with sad eyes and said, "Please buy the record." I assured him that I would, and have thought much about how hard it must be to promote a band that encourages fans to file share.

That's all to say, even if you, like me, have been listening to Sky Blue Sky for two months (and to some of the songs for more than a year), you really should go out and pick up a copy. It's very different from the last two Wilco albums; much less experiemental stuff and much more rock and roll. It's still distinctively Wilco, though. I love the title track, "Impossible Germany," "What Light," and many other songs from the album. And I will be glad to pick up a copy today to support my favorite band.



Post a Comment

<< Home