"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

5.15.2007

get it over with already

I don't know any Gilmore Girls fans who are unhappy with the show's so-called abrupt ending. The show hasn't been good since the Sherman-Palladinos left at the end of last season, and it clearly wasn't going to get any better. Tonight's series finale couldn't have come at a better time, and even if it doesn't answer all our questions, we know from the previews that Luke and Lorelai end up kissing. That'll be good enough.

(Except that Paris isn't in the last episode! How could they leave her out?!?)

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I think it's time to end it, but I hope the ending is satisfying. Of course, TV endings rarely are...

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 2:17:00 PM

 
Anonymous kirstin said...

I just watched the finale. I haven't watched this season, so I was a little out of the loop. The writing still wasn't up to par, even for the finale, I thought. But it was a fine episode.

So Rory and Logan broke up? Why, exactly?

For the longest time I thought for sure that Rory would end up with Jesse again (was that his name? Luke's nephew?).

This is unrelated, but I'm glad you had such a nice weekend at Baylor and your sister has happily graduated. Do you know if Heather graduated, too?

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 9:26:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Kir, I think Heather is graduating in December.

I thought the finale was fine, even with the atrocious writing. It seemed like a satisfactory ending; you knew that they would all be okay.

Rory and Logan broke up right after her Yale graduation because he wanted to get married and she wasn't ready, and he wasn't willing to stay together if they weren't going to get married.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:15:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home