"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

5.09.2007

boop boop boop

Well, Bob Barker will tape his last episode of The Price is Right in just a few weeks. Here's a great article about the end of his tenure on the show. It's really more of a tribute.

Being a contestant on The Price is Right was one of the best experiences of my life. There's nothing in the world that compares to the feeling you get (after waking up at 3:30am, putting on matching shirts with your best friends, standing in line at CBS Television City for 9 hours, getting your nametag, being interviewed by producers, and bonding with everyone else who's been in line for the same 9 hours) when you hear your name yelled to "Come on Down!"

I was so in shock when it happened to me that my friends had to snap me out of it so I could run down the aisle. And even though I didn't get on stage (I was the last one called), the fact that I own a Price is Right parting gift smoothie maker is something that never fails to impress my students. The autographed picture of Bob Barker is one of my prize possessions. It was, quite literally, a once-in-a-lifetime experience, because once you've been a contestant on the show, you aren't allowed to be a contestant again.

Bob, you will be missed. Thanks for all the fun, and thanks for giving me the chance to come on down!

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I have fond childhood memories of watching that show. I'll also never forget the one summer when one week Bob Barker had brown hair, and then the next it had gone white...

I'll never forget seeing you on the show. At least I can say I know someone who has actually been on Price is Right!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 6:55:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

!!!

Thursday, May 10, 2007 10:37:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home