"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


a brief explanation

For many years now, I have practiced a discipline on Easter weekend of turning off all the distractions in my world. From the end of the Good Friday service until after Easter Sunday, I turn off the television, radio, ipod, computer, and all the other sources of noise, in order to reflect on Christ's sacrifice and to have a silent space in the year. Even though I have to teach during the Good Friday service, I still plan to keep that silence this year. My family is in town this weekend as well, so it will be nice to have the space to listen to them.

Because of that, Texas in Africa will be dark this weekend, except to post the third of Eliot's Four Quartets for Silent Saturday. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Easter, and that you will live these springtime days with an awareness of redemption, new life, and abundant love.


Post a Comment

<< Home