"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

4.02.2007

basketball update

It's hard to be humble when you're awesome.

I'm really sorry, and I kindof feel bad, but not bad enough to not point out that my bracket has never been this good. I am in the 100th percentile on ESPN, ranked #892. I am #358 on Yahoo! And I promise to stop gloating tomorrow after Ohio State wins tonight, "One Shining Moment" ends, and I break the top 500.

My parents are on their annual trek to the women's Final Four, this time in "scenic" Cleveland, Ohio. I talked to them before the games last night; I'm sure they are thrilled that Tennessee is in the title game - and that LSU isn't. Good luck to the Lady Vols tomorrow! (And, daddy, it would mean the world to me if you would go by the A Christmas Story house and get a picture. That'd be awesome. :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous kirstin said...

wow -- i know nothing of this final four stuff and brackets that you speak of, but that sounds really cool. i wonder out of the top 1000 how many bracket-makers are girls. (and how many overall?)

Monday, April 02, 2007 11:45:00 AM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

I don't know. The highest-ranked woman is tied for 7th - pretty cool! There are something like 3,000,000 entries altogether.

Monday, April 02, 2007 6:40:00 PM

 
Anonymous rp said...

Ah, "pride goeth before a fall!"...

You picked AGAINST the Gators? Such insight!!

Monday, April 02, 2007 10:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Arnie Adkison said...

Ah, too bad. It sounded good, though...

Monday, April 02, 2007 10:46:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Yep, I'm a genius.

Monday, April 02, 2007 11:09:00 PM

 
Anonymous rp said...

and a good sport....

Monday, April 02, 2007 11:12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home