"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

4.13.2007

acl festival ticket update

So you didn't get ACL tickets in this week's no-one-I-know-got-cheap-tickets-way-to-go ACL early ticket sales extravaganza? Never fear, the next set goes on sale Tuesday morning at 7.

Still no word on ticket prices, which is very odd. Have they not decided? What do they have to hide? Do they really think that annoyed bloggers will let them off on their decision to raise ticket prices again if they wait to reveal the price on Tuesday when we'll be sitting at our laptops, bleary-eyed with credit cards in hand? Really? 'Cause, you know, I'm still going to have a blog after I have to shell out $150 for a ticket that used to cost $115. And I'm probably going to mention it here.

Here's what I do know: there will be no service charges at any C3 Presents-produced festivals (of which ACL is one). They are charging $195 for three-day passes to Lollapalooza. OUCH!
The Lollapalooza lineup is great (even if the lineup page has the stupidest scrolling mechanism I've ever seen.), but $195 is too much.

(Seriously. Are they really that greedy? Is it worth $195 to me to see the Smashing Pumpkins in Austin? That's a LOT of money for just three days. Especially if Pearl Jam isn't on the lineup. Note to C3: I don't care about the Stooges. Didn't when I saw Iggy Pop during SXSW. Don't now. Especially if it results in my tickets costing $70 more than they did last year.)

I'd like to thank the ACL folks for forcing me to get out of bed early on the one day of the week I get to sleep past 8.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

They have a festival for those who tear their "ACL?"

Saturday, April 14, 2007 10:25:00 AM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

LOL! Sorry! It's the Austin City Limits music festival, which has grown from a small, local thing into a huge event that people fly in for. I miss the days when it was easy to get a ticket!

Saturday, April 14, 2007 11:31:00 AM

 
Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

We came close to moving to Austin 3 years ago. I talked to Hill Country Bible Church about starting a church near there.

Saturday, April 14, 2007 4:26:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home