"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

3.13.2007

the tragic dimension

This is such a sad situation. I'm not a doctor, and I don't know the details of what's going on, but I do know that the Children's Hospital of Austin is run by a pretty conservative group of Catholics. If they have concluded that the most compassionate thing to do is to take the infant off of life support, but have still given the mother the option to find other care, I trust that their decision was not made lightly, and that the child will probably not recover. I trust that the mother believes she is doing the right thing. I pray that the child is not feeling pain.

How terrible it must be to live in the realm of no good choices. Say a prayer for this family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home