"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

3.30.2007

l'etat, c'est qui?

Thanks to Don Byrd at Blog from the Capitol and Carlos at Jesus Politics and Talk to Action for linking to my post on Tuesday's Scarborough-Lynn debate. Thanks also to those of you who commented here and elsewhere. I am getting ready to do an actual unit on church-state separation as a civil liberties issue for the first time and need all the food for thought I can get, especially considering that I have to present the issue in a non-biased fashion.

Any thoughts on what examples I should use?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Arnie Adkison said...

This probably doesn't help much, but the picture of religious freedom and separation of church and state I always think of is the scene in The Three Musketeers where Rochefort has hired a sniper to assassinate King Louis. Cardinal Richelieu asks Rochefort if the sniper has any qualms about killing the king, and Rochefort answers "he doesn't believe in having any king before God." Hey, he must have been an early Baptist!

Friday, March 30, 2007 10:42:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home