"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


i am awesome

Forgive my total lack of humility tonight. I am really good at bracketology, and, unlike the seven guys in our group who have created a total of 22 brackets between them, I am not afraid to commit and therefore pick pnly one bracket. The Doctor attributed my skill at tourney time to his belief that the NCAA tournament is the only time in life when women are capable of fully separating emotions from their decisions and men are not. I think he's right about that. I also think that paying attention to the numbers and specific skills of the teams gets you pretty far. Also, there are rules. A twelve-seed always beats a five-seed, although that may not happen this year since Old Dominion lost to Butler. Only two one-seeds make it to the Final Four. Sixteen-seeds and the Ivy League champion never win.

Anyway, my bracket did great today. Because I picked VCU to beat Duke and only got three games wrong (thanks a lot, Tech). I feel like dancing.



Anonymous rp said...

I got all the games right yesterday. I'm sure its my feminist side coming out, huh?

Almost everyone I talked to got yesterday right and many, many picked Duke to lose....

Friday, March 16, 2007 8:53:00 AM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Good for you, r! Most of the people in my bracket picked Duke to win. Suckers.

Friday, March 16, 2007 10:04:00 AM

Blogger sepherim said...

I only missed 2. I had missed the word about Marquette's star being out and picked Old Dominion as an upset. I picked VCU because I'm an Oklahoma fan and I always pick against Bobby Knight.

Friday, March 16, 2007 4:14:00 PM

Anonymous rp said...

what? Another Oklahoma fan on this blog?!

Friday, March 16, 2007 6:17:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Yikes! I'm going to have to start screening. :) Sepherim, I'm glad you're here - and I like your blog. Looking forward to reading more!

Saturday, March 17, 2007 12:48:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home