"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

3.23.2007

congo watch: photos

Here are some really remarkable photos of Kinshasa today. The streets are unbelievably deserted. It's surreal.

By all accounts things are calming down, although the embassies are advising their nationals not to move until tomorrow. Glad to see that Kinshasa will be returning to normal soon. I'm headed out for the rest of the day and evening - more updates tomorrow. Best of luck to all those who are still stuck in your offices in Gombe!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous KJW said...

Texasinafrica,

- I'm a big University of Texas / Texas Tech fan (don't hold the latter against me). Don't know if you post on hornfans.com but I've been a regular there.

- I've a web site, http://www.king.cd...it's not much but I'm trying to get some information about the DRC out there.

- This week's news is sobering, and my prayers are with the nation.

God bless you for your blog.

Friday, March 23, 2007 6:30:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

KJW, thanks for stopping by, and for the link. I like your site. As for the Tech thing, there are many alums and fans in my family, so we can probably be friends... :)

Saturday, March 24, 2007 12:43:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home