"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


157 days!

It's never too early to start talking football.

Labels: , ,


Blogger Big Daddy Weave said...

I was driving to Dallas the other week to catch the Mavs game, flipping the AM stations to find some NCAA Tourney coverage. Every sports talkshow was ranting about the upcoming NFL Draft and/or College Kickoff.

Football overload!

I like my Bulldawgs and Falcons, but I like my Yankees even more. Gotta seasonalize my sports...

On another note, what's the deal with Baylor? I've been to countless basketball, football, and several baseball games this year. Why is Baylor so good at finding ways to lose? The fans aren't much help either. Even if Baylor is leading a Big 12 powerhouse, the fans ultimately expect Baylor to lose...its comical after a while.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 2:44:00 AM

Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

Roll Tide!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:30:00 AM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

BDW, being a Baylor fan is like going through the stages of grief. You deny, you hope it will change, you mourn, and eventually you have to accept that they are going to lose. Otherwise you'll go crazy.

I think Baylor's troubles are rooted in a recruiting problem. It's almost impossible to get top recruits when they have to compete with Texas, Texas A&M, Tech, OU, OSU, and even LSU.

Kevin, amen to that. I was an Alabama fan throughout childhood. They're still my favorite SEC team.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:17:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home