"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

2.20.2007

with baited breath

Well, there was a somewhat underwhelming response to the Useless President's Day Trivia quiz. Here are the answers:
  • Which president kept a pet cow on the White House lawn? William Howard Taft
  • Which president was drafted by the NFL? Gerald Ford
  • Which president became president of the National Rifle Association after leaving office? Ulysses S. Grant (I know. Who'd've thought?)
  • Which president invented the swivel chair? Thomas Jefferson

Since my sister was the only one to answer, and she got 1/4 right, I guess she's the champ. Congratulations. And happy President's Day to all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Darn it ... posted mine too late. Would not have beaten your sister anyway. But you know, I almost guessed U.S. Grant for the NRA, but then I thought there was just NO way that could be true. Too funny.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 10:09:00 AM

 
Anonymous Sister said...

Why, thank you. I'm glad to know mediocrity is enough.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 10:16:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home