"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

2.17.2007

theory vs. reality

I know it's snowing in Tennessee today, and I'm sorry, really, I am. But it was so gorgeous in Austin today. The no-clouds, starting to finally warm back up, breeze, utterly perfect kind of gorgeous. Perfect.

What I wanted to do today was put the top down and drive to Kerrville. The reality of my life, however, is that despite working 14 hours a day during the week, I still have to work on weekends sometimes, and these midterms aren't going to grade themselves.

It wasn't all bad. Actually an Actuary and his wife are in town this weekend, so we had a very fun lunch at the excellent Vivo. I did get a lot of papers graded. And I left my house a couple of times to run errands, get a facial, and attempt to go to the nursery to buy potting soil (it was closed after 5. Go fig.).

But, oh, the sky was so blue. I hate blue books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home