"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

12.06.2006

you'll shoot your eye out!

Okay, so daddy showed me an article about this at Thanksgiving. I loooovve the film A Christmas Story. My daddy hates the film (or so he says), but he always ends up laughing when I'm watching the 24-hour marathon that TBS shows every Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

The article daddy found gave the exciting news that the house from the movie is now open for tours! However, that article didn't mention the fact that you can now also visit the Chinese restaurant, where they will chop off the head of a duck for you! I think a Cleveland roadtrip is somewhere in my future.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Sister said...

If they'll sing fa-ra-ra-ra-ra ra-ra ra-ra, too, I'm there!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 11:28:00 AM

 
Blogger Jess said...

this is mark's favorite movie. he is also advocating a cleveland road trip.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 11:48:00 AM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Seriously, I'm totally up for it. Let's meet in Cleveland!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 1:12:00 PM

 
Anonymous the librarian said...

You don't have to go to Cleveland to see a leg lamp! Head over to Crestview where one is proudly on display, I believe on St. John's, just a mere block north of us.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 1:39:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Oooooooooooohhhhhh! Can we go as part of the Koinonia Kristmas party?!? I'd carol at that house.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 3:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Ray said...

Hey if you guys are that near, come to my house!! :-)

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 5:37:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home