"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

12.04.2006

a rose by any other name...

Yet another interesting profile on Illinois Senator Barak Obama.

I was thinking about this earlier. Here are people who have run for president as major-party nominees since I've been old enough to vote: George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Bob Dole, Al Gore, and John Kerry.

I haven't wanted to vote for any of them. Every vote I've cast for president has been more of a vote against the other guy than it's been a vote for a candidate I believed could actually do some good.

It will be interesting to see what an Obama candidacy will look like, if there's an Obama candidacy. He might be able to take the level of discourse in our country up a notch. He might be able to bridge the nasty gaps in the arena of faith and politics that divide our country so profoundly. And I might even get to cast a vote for a politician. For once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home